En Ka Grants Annual Deadlines
Oct 1 – Jan 2 – Mar 1 – May 1
Application and Guidelines
En Ka strives to support projects that address the needs of students and youth, the elderly, the physically and mentally challenged, and nonprofit organizations devoted to providing community enrichment, and health and social services.
Since 2000, En Ka has awarded over $1,000,000 in more than 400 grants. Some of the local organizations En Ka has supported include:
- Winchester Public School programs
- Winchester Hospital
- Woburn Council for Social Concern
- Wright-Locke Farm
- VNA Hospice Care
- Winchester Public Library
- Winchester Got Lunch
- Friends of Upper Mystic Lake
- Town of Winchester
- ABC (A Better Chance) house
- Winchester Multicultural Network
- Parent to Parent
- Family Action Network (FAN)
- Connect & Commit
- English at Large
- Winchester Historical Society
- Winchester Field Development
- Winchester Seniors Association
- Griffin Museum of Photography
- Meals on Wheels
- Girls Scouts and Boy Scouts
- Brio Integrated Theatre
Grants are awarded four times a year. Deadlines for receipt of application are: October 1, January 2, March 1 and May 1. Please review the guidelines below before downloading an application. All applicants are notified by the Grants Committee approximately 4 weeks from stated deadline.
After downloading, you may fill in the form online and email it, ALONG WITH YOUR FINANCIALS, to email@example.com or you may print it out and mail it, ALONG WITH YOUR FINANCIALS, to:
En Ka Society Grants Committee
ATTN: Grants Chair
1037 Main Street
Winchester, MA 01890
If you choose to mail in your application, please send a brief email notifying us of your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org .
REMEMBER — grants will not be reviewed without financial documentation included.
Since 2000, the En Ka Society has awarded over $1,000,000 in more than 400 grants. We support projects focused on the needs of students and youth, the elderly, the physically and mentally...
En Ka Society presents a grant to Mission of Deeds, a non-profit organization that provides basic home essentials to those in need. We are proud to support @missionofdeedsMission of Deeds...
The Gifts Committee reviewed and the board approved the following grants: Bread of Life -- groceries & meals for Winchester senior citizens, low income families & COVID isolating...
En Ka Grants Guidelines
En Ka Considers Funding
- New program initiatives
- Modest capital requests
- Non profit organizations whose primary purpose is providing direct services
- Requests that demonstrate benefits to Winchester residents
- Grant requests from $50 up to a limit of $5,000
- Grant requests in excess of $5,000 – contact the Grants Committee Chair
En Ka does not fund
- Salaries and fixed operating expenses
- Transportation expenses
- Materials and supplies that support day-to-day operations
- Requests from individual ELEMENTARY schools; for purposes of equity any such request must come as a joint application from all town elementary schools
- Organizations whose primary purpose is awarding financial grants
Each grant will be reviewed on its own merits, within the boundaries of the guidelines and in comparison to other requests received that period, regardless of whether it was approved or declined previously.
- Only one request per organization will be granted during En Ka’s fiscal year, September 1- August 31 of the following year. If your request was declined, you may re-submit.
- If multiple requests are submitted, only one request will be considered.
- En Ka encourages applicants to apply to other organizations for support.
- Grants may be recommended for full or partial funding or may be denied.
Grant Spending & Acknowledgment Policy
- Applicants will be contacted as to the decision of the committee and the En Ka Board.
- Approved grants will receive funding to the organization and address indicated on the application.
- Approved grants are publicized and grant recipients are encouraged to participate in the En Ka Fair Parade.
- En Ka Society, Inc. appreciates public acknowledgment of grants.
- Grant checks should be deposited in grantees account as soon as possible to prevent check loss or theft.
- Granted money can only be applied to the purpose to which it has been granted and if not applied within 6 – 9 months from date of issuance, then remaining money must be returned to En Ka.
- En Ka reserves the right to request a report from the grant recipient summarizing how and when the money was utilized.